ArchLinux (was gentoo)

Jason Spatafore jason at spatafore.net
Thu Oct 27 20:22:08 MST 2005

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 16:18, Chip33AZ at netscape.net wrote:
> Lately, I've been really impressed with ArchLinux.  The installation took
> 15 minutes on a slow PII300 and it runs extremely fast.  All of the
> software I use is in their pacman directory (MythTV, Mplayer with the
> plug-ins, etc).  I would highly recommend this.

I'm curious...what is the base for this distro? I went to their site and
realized that all their packages were tgz files. So, I'm guessing there's no
package management? Also, it appears to be geared towards the Pentium class
of cpus. Is this an accurate observation?

--
Sincerely,

Jason Spatafore
http://www.spatafore.net