top posting is better

Jason Spatafore jason at spatafore.net
Thu Oct 27 10:07:40 MST 2005

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 12:09, Craig White wrote:
> consistency is relative. The issues of trimming, relevancy and making
> sense of the flow of the communications seems more important. Most of
> the people who top post have no consideration for the the issues of
> trimming and relevancy, they only seek to have their own words heard
> without context - sort of saying...listen to my thoughts and if you need
> the context, read on or look to previous messages in the thread.

Don't you think that's reading a little too much into it? I mean, some people
just hit reply and start typing...they aren't driven by some deep rooted
Freudian issues. Well, maybe they are, but I don't think anybody using Linux
would really have the degree in that area to make such an observation with
any validity. j/k

Personally, I prefer inline posting. However, if somebody top posts, no
biggie. Usually, if the top post is something that *may* contain something
that interest me, I'll read down. But I find that most top posting really
doesn't get me interested to read past it.

--
Sincerely,

Jason Spatafore
http://www.spatafore.net