top posting is better

KE7FEG eculbert at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 27 09:44:52 MST 2005

I too have eye problems and to be honest, after about
the first responder (first RE:) I love the top posters
because usually by then I KNOW the message almost too
well, if interested at all.

Complicated/multi item? posts should be inline, but
PLEASE hit the ENTER/Return bar a couple times or
someother way of denoting YOUR RE: message part(s) It
sure helps us with less than perfect eyes!

Thanks

EC/ke7feg

ps I played around with a couple readers and yes
Technomage has a point! They are relatively slow, miss
state words, especially ones they don't recognize. And
somewhat like CW, er, Morse Code at times.

/// sample separator I sometimes use on RE's.

--- Josef Lowder <joe at actionline.com> wrote:

> This is an excellent comment.
> Consideration for blind persons makes the argument
> for top posting by far the most compelling.
>

> -------------------------------------
> On Wednesday 26 October 2005 21:48, you wrote:
> > ok, here's a hot button issue: do you have any
> idea how hard it is for the
> > blind to sift through all that quoted material
> trying to hunt down
> its frustrating (there
> > are more than a few of us on this 9and other)
> list(s).  Personally, I find
> > it loads easier when folks top post (but then,
> that is my opinion).
> >
> > I know that responses inside quoted is pretty much
> the accepted norm, but
> > then, it is far easier for you to read that way
> than it is for me.
> >
> > just my thought.
> >
> > TMH
> >
> > > consistency is relative. The issues of trimming,
> relevancy and making
> > > sense of the flow of the communications seems
> more important. Most of
> > > the people who top post have no consideration
> for the the issues of
> > > trimming and relevancy, they only seek to have
> their own words heard
> > > without context - sort of saying...listen to my
> thoughts and if you need
> > > the context, read on or look to previous
> messages in the thread.
> > >
> > > Craig

Cyclists should expect and demand safe
accommodation on our public roads,