top posting is better

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Oct 25 21:10:02 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 20:53 -0700, Mark Jarvis wrote:
> That's why I like it. Scrolling down thru 5 (or even 2) screens to find
> a one liner reply is not my idea of fun.

----
sure - but what you lose with that is the ability to have people respond
in line, in context, in discussion and with particularity. Not to
mention the people that fail to bother trimming unnecessary stuff off
the bottom or wherever it is. For example, the email to which I replied
had 3 separate copies of the footer that plug-discuss routinely attaches
and the original discussion from which this thread was stolen which has
absolutely nothing to do with top posting discussion. The pattern seems
to be that those who top post demonstrate indifference towards other
users by not bothering to trim unnecessary stuff.

Not that I would expect Major Mikey to be familiar with concepts of
netiquette or RFC 1855 but just in case anyone is unfamiliar with what
is reputedly to be a 'standard.'

http://rfc.net/rfc1855.html

Craig

believed to be clean.