How to copy a DVD?

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Mon Oct 24 22:05:56 MST 2005

Well, I received one reply sent to me privately to the subject question
and from that, I was able to copy the DVD contents onto my hard disk.

But so far, I have burned two apparent coasters, both of which do not
work when I try to view the contents on my TV's DVD player.

When I open k3b, I see five tab-headings, each of which then
list numerous options and I have no idea which options to select.
Burning DVDs with the default options did not work.  I see:
Writing - Settings - Volume Desc - Filesystem - Advanced

Under the first tab-heading, I find:
Writing Mode:
- Auto
- DAO
- Overwrite
- Incremental
- Simulate
- On the fly
- Only create image
- Verify written data

Under the next four tab-heading there are many more options.

How is one supposed to figure out what combination of options
to choose?

== One reply - on Monday 24 October 2005 19:17:
> run k3b
> select Tools -> DVD -> Copy DVD
>
> check the box that says 'only create image'

== Original inquiry: