Open Source vs. Commercial Software

FoulDragon at aol.com FoulDragon at aol.com
Mon Oct 24 11:20:47 MST 2005

In a message dated 10/24/2005 10:16:47 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
jason at spatafore.net writes:

>Bottom line: The guy wants to keep his job at *maintaining current product*
>instead of innovating newer and better product. He's a moron....and the sad
>thing is, I was that moron 3 years ago.

I wouldn't call that mindset a moronic one.
If it's easier to maintain an existing product, and pays the same, I'll
maintain the existing product and fight change to the death.

If you're doing it for a living, you want it as easy as possible to reduce
the possibility of failure and resultant demotion/firing/bad performance review.
 As a pastime, fine, invent new exciting stuff.