On-screen fire?

Joseph Sinclair plug-discuss at stcaz.net
Sun Oct 23 03:05:01 MST 2005

Of course, you could always take one of those videos of a fireplace, use a TV-capture card to encode it to MPEG2, and run the resulting movie in fullscreen mode,
or find the Fireplace video on DVD and run that on your Linux box (Amazon has a DVD at [http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001FZB62/qid=1130061706/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/102-2779177-7023333?v=glance&s=dvd])

Other than that, there are about a dozen fireplace programs for windows easily available, but nobody seems to have tried to create one for Linux...

==Joseph++