Call to plug-webdev

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Mon Oct 17 15:48:35 MST 2005

[Sorry about the double post.  I forgot to put the subject on the previous
one.]

If you are interested in helping with work on the new PLUG website, please
get subscribed to the plug-webdev email list
(http://lists.plug.phoenix.az.us/mailman/listinfo/plug-webdev).  This
week, I intend to use that list for communication on the new PLUG website
currently under development.

As you know, the PLUG website was in a state of system admin neglect.  I
have been the primary caretaker of the content but did not know the
neglect until it was defaced back in June.  I had mis-understood that
updates to the CMS were not being performed.  Well, we took this as an
opportunity to create a new site hosted in the Phoenix, Arizona area.
What a concept!

The hosting is set with a default install of the Joomla!
(http://www.joomla.org) CMS in place.  We will, very soon, need some
graphics developed for use on the site and some other site sub-admins as
we build the web-based side of the community.  Rather than fill this list
with discussions about the site and it's needs, let's use the
underutilized plug-webdev list.

There are currently 99 subscriptions over there but it is very, very
quiet.  Starting tomorrow, it will not be quiet!

Alan