make vs. imake?

Joseph Sinclair plug-discuss at stcaz.net
Wed Oct 12 17:21:54 MST 2005

If you're willing to take a big chance with the source-build from the Mozilla sources, you can try that, but Firefox 1.5 won't show up in the Ubuntu repositories until about a week after the final release.
If you're running non-x86 (like me), you pretty much have no choice but to wait (if you want to do some testing, you would need to setup a chroot environment or UML virtual machine, since there are too many library conflicts to be really safe with a source build).

If you do try a source build, I strongly advise using checkinstall or something similar, so you can back it out if it totally breaks your system.

==Joseph++