computer forensics question

Technomage technomage-hawke at cox.net
Wed Oct 12 15:35:37 MST 2005

On Wednesday 12 October 2005 12:21, Alexander Henry wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 22:08:27 -0700, Technomage <technomage-hawke at cox.net>
>
> wrote:
> > is it possible, given the current understanding of the laws of physics,
> > to so
> > erase a hard drive as to make it virtually impossible to recover ANY
> > data of
> > any usefulness whatsoever (up to and including either a major government
> > or
> > major multinational corporationthrowing huge sums of money at the
> > problem in
> > an attempt to recover)?
>
> I don't think anyone is going to take very serious measures against the
> kind of stuff I've seen you do.

hehehehe.

well, it isn't for me, but if it were, well............

btw, I did try a variation on the badblocks command to see how well it would
erase a drive. let it run all night. got back to it 15 minutes ago and
figured out it had written over the same drive 200+ times overnight. now, I'd
like to see someone at a physics lab recover the windows XP installation at
had on that puppy!

TMH