was dd anyone? Now cdrecord --scanbus

Austin Godber godber at uberhip.com
Wed Oct 5 14:42:16 MST 2005

> scsibus0:
>        0,0,0     0) 'Memorex ' '52MAXX 3252AJ1  ' '4WS2' Removable CD-ROM
>        0,1,0     1) 'DVD-16X ' 'DVD-ROM BDV316C ' '.20R' Removable CD-ROM
>        0,2,0     2) *
>
> By this I see that my cdr is at scsibus0: 0,0,0 (I think.) This being
> both true and interesting, how does it translate into being useful? ;-)

Ok, well, ignoring the original "dd" thread ... when you switched to
asking a question about cdrecord in particular you ask:
"Could you point out the device address?"

My answer is, Yes I can, and given the above the answer is this:
	dev=ATAPI:0,0,0
and as I mentioned in my first reply you may use this information as an
argument to cdrecord to burn an iso to CD as follows:
	cdrecord dev=ATAPI:0,0,0 rh4.iso
This will write the rh4.iso to the Memorex CD burner at ATAPI:0,0,0.

Beyond putting bits onto a shiny round plastic disk, I can't say where
it fits into life the universe and everything.

Austin