cdrecord --scanbus

Robert N. Eaton moth28 at cox.net
Wed Oct 5 13:45:56 MST 2005

Hans,

Tried to answer your post telling me that you used a distro of Ubuntu.
I hit a wrong key or something and the whole reply (together with your
original post) went to the bit bucket, to /dev/null, or maybe to another
dimension. (Really wonder what I did, so I won't do it again.)

Anyway, you wrote that your distro of Ubuntu had Gnome Toaster (or some
such ap) under Applications -> Accessories.  My version doesn't. :-(  No
wonder I was getting bewildered. I just read the manpages for cdrecord
and mkisofs (thousands of lines of "what to do and don't do it"), making
me even more bewildered. As soon as I master aptget, I'll download a
copy of whatever it is, and distance myself from the fearsome CLI.

Thanks,

Bob Eaton

PS. Still finding myself up to my ass in alligators, when all I really
wanted to do was drain the swamp. RNE