Off Topic: Buying digital SLR on-line

Joseph Sinclair plug-discuss at stcaz.net
Sun Oct 2 22:22:54 MST 2005

I don't have any suggestions on where to buy, but I have seen some reports of overheating and other issues with the Nikon D50.  There also seem to be some issues with their RAW format and support for F/LOSS systems (i.e. there is no support).
You might be better off looking at the next-generation D70 if you like Nikon, or you could also look at the Canon Digital Rebel XT, which has been compared favorably to the D70 in some reviews.