Linux File Server in an Microsoft Domain

Bryan.ONeal at asu.edu Bryan.ONeal at asu.edu
Wed Nov 30 18:17:21 MST 2005

:) Again, I was hired as an Accountant, not for IT work.  I replaced the last
consulting company these guys had because I actually new more (I once was IT and
have the expired cert’s to prove it) and I was always on site...  Again, because
I am on of their accountants.  However you cross platform support puts you high
on my recommendation list if and when I do go looking for better opportunities.
However, if they keep treating my like they do, I may not be looking any time
soon.  This is a very nice company and they are very friendly people.  That and
we are growing well, so compensation is good.

Quoting George Toft <george at georgetoft.com>:

> Hi Bryan,
>
> If they are looking for a company to replace you, please let me know.
> If you need to find a replacement before you move on, please let me
> know.  This is exactly what our company does - small business IT support
>
> on a fractional resource basis (not full time, but we can provide that
>
> as well).  We support Windows 2000/2003/XP, Linux (RH, Debian, SuSE) and
>
> Solaris.
>
> Cheers,
>
> George Toft, CISSP, MSIS
> AGD,LLC
> www.agdllc.com
> 623-203-1760
>
> When was the last time you backed up your business data?
> Excellent!  When did you verify that your backups actually worked?
>

> Bryan.ONeal at asu.edu wrote:
> > Thank you, it is that kind of testimonial that is making me lean
> towards Red
> > Hat.  And since I am making them purchase a support package, it should
> be even
> > easier.  And before people push Cent OS (which I have used and
> enjoyed) let me say,
> > 1) I am the only Linux knowledgeable person in the company,
> > 2) I am currently their only IT staff,
> > 3) I have my degree in, and was hired for, Accounting
  not IT/IS.