cdrecord - was Re: dd anyone?

Eric "Shubes" plug at shubes.net
Mon Nov 28 11:49:02 MST 2005

Vaughn Treude wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 09:34, Austin Godber wrote:
>
>>Vaughn Treude wrote:
>>
>>>I've been also having a bit of trouble making CD's on my Ubuntu system.
>>>The CD burner GUI that came with it works fine except that I can't
>>>figure out how to do an ISO with it.  Of course the cdrecord tool
>>>doesn't work because it can't see the device.  I may have to get this
>>>Gnome-Bake program.
>>
>>Hi Vaughn,
>>	Did you read:
>>/usr/share/doc/cdrecord/README.ATAPI.setup
>>or the Debian README in the same directory?  These should help get you
>>going.
>>
>>Also did you try specifying ATAPI when you do scanbus:
>>cdrecord -scanbus dev=ATAPI:
>>
>>This shows my IDE DVD burner just fine in Ubuntu install (5.04 I think).
>

> That does work, on both Debian and Mandrake.  Thanks!  Guess I should
> have RTFM.
>
> Vaughn

Sorry for chiming in so late on this, but I've been out of town for
several weeks and am now just catching up.

I've recently burned a few isos using the Gnome desktop (both CentOS and
Ubuntu), and it's really quite simple. Open the file browser and
navigate to the folder where the iso(s) exist, then right click the
desired file, and select "Write to Disc...". A simple little dialog
window opens, and away you go...

--
-Eric 'shubes'
"There is no such thing as the People;