OT: new car advice

Ben Browning plug at emptiedout.com
Fri Nov 25 00:26:42 MST 2005

Josh Coffman wrote:
> btw, not that I'm an expert, but the idea of
> hydrogen-fuel cell vehicles is a little scary... One
> accident and boom! right?

Wired had an excellent article on this (a whole section actually) some
time in the last two years. The thing is that they are trying to make
tanks like, well, tanks, and trying to stop that from happening at all
(by using media in the gas tank to help slow release  or do other
things. I think now they are making prototypes that produce their own
hydrogen from inert compounds on demand. Imagine gas that won't burn
unless it's in a car and you end up with a *safer* fuel in accidents-
Hollywood will suffer though ;).

~Ben, hasn't been following this thread but doesn't let that stop him
from chiming in
--
---
"Confession only helps if you actually feel bad for your actions.