Here is a free Usenet service [WAS:Re: usenet about to die?]

FoulDragon at aol.com FoulDragon at aol.com
Thu Nov 24 16:51:07 MST 2005

In a message dated 11/24/2005 1:53:18 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
dennisk at linuxquestions.net writes:

>A good free Usenet service (assuming you want to download information not
>binaries) is offered by SunSITE.dk (http://news.sunsite.dk).

Appreciated.

Their policies sound exceedingly stringent though.  "We filter HTML posts"?!
Given that many people (esp. on nontechnical groups) don't even know they're
HTML posting, I bet that strips 40 percent of some groups.

I wish I didn't need to hassle or pay extra for a service my already
overpriced ISP once offered for free with the account.