OT: new car advice

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Nov 21 17:49:09 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 11:33 -0800, Josh Coffman wrote:
> .... and now for something completely different (on the
> sometimes useful discussion list). :)
>
> Hi all,
>
> I've been car-less for nearly a year. I figure its
> about time to buy and stop begging for rides. Before I
> make a mistake, I'd like to see if there are any
> car-people on the list who can advise on a couple
> vehicles:
>
> Nissan XTerra
> Nissan Frontier
> Toyota Tacoma
>
> I just don't want to buy another mistake. Had a
> Chrysler vehicle before which was overall not bad, but
> parts and maintenance labor was awful. Don't want to
> do that again.
>
> I'm looking for dependability, reasonable comfort with
> utility. The XTerra came to mind 'cause I'd probably
> not fully use a truck, having a family and all.
>
> Looking for pro's/con's from a consumer perspective.
----
cars are without a doubt one of the poorest investments that one will
make and virtually certain to be worthless over time.

Thus once you have determined your minimum needs, anything beyond that
might satisfy one's ego, expectations of safety, comfort, etc. but the
more you accommodate those elements, the more money you will burn.

Craig

believed to be clean.