OT: new car advice

Frank Davenport fhdavenport at cox.net
Mon Nov 21 15:07:42 MST 2005

Hi,

I forget who asked the original question here, but I've been a car guy
since 1960 or so.  Of the three vehicles you listed, I believe the
Nissan Frontier is probably the most cost effective.  After 2000, the
Frontier became much more reliable because of the upgraded cooling
system, so try to find one that's a 2K or later.

My son, (who is NOT a car guy), has driven his for five years or so
without much in the way of repairs.  It's a truck of course, but
everything is very straightforward, there are no strange and/or unique
parts.  2WD is lower maintenance than 4WD, and the standard 5 speed is
better, (think tougher and easier to fix), than the automatic.

I could drone on here for hours, but you get the idea.  Contact me off
list if you have any questions.

Frank Davenport