OT: American race cars (formerly - OT: new car advice)

Alex Dean alex at crackpot.org
Mon Nov 21 14:26:08 MST 2005

On Nov 21, 2005, at 2:02 PM, <vodhner at cox.net> <vodhner at cox.net> wrote:

> In the demolition derbies, they banned some cars
> like the '73 Continental because they were
> indestructable so it wasn't fair.  :-)

And I think the Chrysler Imperial because they had a frame more or
less like a truck.  Unbreakable.  I heard about some place in Alabama
they ran a school-bus demolition derby, now that would be a sight.

I drove in a demo derby last fall, what a ride!  The car was great,
but the carburator knocked me out in the 2nd heat.  Oh well, I made
it out of the prelims and actually won $40.   (After a $200 entry
fee. :) )

alex