OT: new car advice

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 21 13:31:00 MST 2005

--- Lyndon Tiu <ltiu at alumni.sfu.ca> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 13:06:58 -0700
> plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us wrote:
> > Another not so tough option would be Honda
> > element? <-- I know styling is odd but honda makes
> good cars.
> >

> With the high price of gas, Toyota and Honda should
> be your choice as their engines are more efficient
> than Nissan's.

xterra is 1mpg less than the tacoma 4door v6 in gas
mileage and 20 more horses.

> There are a lot of other factors to consider, safety
> being the other. Check insurance crash safety
> ratings before making your decision.
>
> --
> Lyndon Tiu

tacoma does perform very slightly better than the
xterra in safety. tacoma has a better total-cost of
ownership over 5 years, but then newer xterra's seemed
to be a lot better than before.

Shin zen ni rei
-j
Registered Linux user number 403109