OT: new car advice

slegge at govliquidation.com slegge at govliquidation.com
Mon Nov 21 13:06:58 MST 2005

My Girlfriend has a xtera w/ v6 its sooooo slow.  It has stupid low
torquey gears but low power. I haven't driven the supercharged one. My
friend was looking @ ford escape vs xtera and ended up w/ the escape
because of the lack of power in the xtera but the escape gets bad gas
mileage. Even for a truck the xtera is soooo slow. I like the tacoma and
another couple options I would suggest are isuzu trooper. Also honda
passport or yota 4runner. Or the previously mentioned escape. If you arent
looking for such a "tough"  I would also recommend the hyundai's they have
100k mile warr and the product has gotten a lot better and service is
LIGHTNING FAST in the dealer. Another not so tough option would be Honda
element? <-- I know styling is odd but honda makes good cars.

-Scott

FoulDragon at aol.com
Sent by: plug-discuss-bounces at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
11/21/2005 01:08 PM
Please respond to
Main PLUG discussion list <plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>

plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
cc

Subject
Re: OT: new car advice

In a message dated 11/21/2005 12:34:03 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
josh_coffman at yahoo.com writes:
>Nissan XTerra
>Nissan Frontier
>Toyota Tacoma

How about a Santa Fe or Tucson?  They're well-warranted, probably
reasonably
reliable (Hyundai has *really* cleaned their act up in the last ten
years),
and affordable.  Not really trail-riding material, but I don't know if you
worry
about that.