What to use instead of Samba?

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 13:09:55 MST 2005

Yep, strictly internal means with no connectivity from the internet.
Usually RFC1918 compliant IP addressing.  (10.x.x.x, 192.168.x.x, 172.16.1.x)

With internal machines, that doesn't always mean the server can't
reach the outside world.  It simply means the internet cannot directly
contact the server. (A VERY good thing when it comes to
Samba/SMB/Windows networking)