What to use instead of Samba?

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Mon Nov 21 10:34:13 MST 2005

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Dan Lund wrote:

> Have you used WebDAV before?  I've never experimented with it, but
> have thought about it.  How's the performance/stability/etc?

I set it up using Apache 2 which includes the DAV support. I did this on a
FreeBSD system. I used it for several tests with a couple DAV clients.
It seemed to work fine. The company I set it up for (as a consultant)
ended up not using it (yet) so I don't know how stable it would be for
continuous Windows file transfers and work. I set it up, because it was
suggested to me by others who found it to work well.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/