What to use instead of Samba?

Victor Odhner vodhner at cox.net
Mon Nov 21 09:52:15 MST 2005

Shawn Badger wrote:

>I use Samba with several of my Windoze boxes including XP with no
>problems at all. I even have the users home directories with roaming
>profiles hosted on my Linux server.

OK, well I might relent and try it again if someone would
forward to me an exact copy of their SMB iptables rules and
their smb.conf file -- I'd be willing to plug these in and give
them a shot (making only obvious changes).  I didn't consult
the PLUG list because I was busy going through vast numbers
of Google hits on "path was not found" and I really doubt
anyone can add to the list of "did you try this?" items.

P.S. - Lyndon, thanks for your ftp suggestion too.

Thanks,
Vic