xml ignorance

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Nov 17 21:12:52 MST 2005

You're probably right on the schema...it is Apple's perpetual beta class
software ;-)

I can view it no problem in text editors but of course, I had hoped to
get it into a more columnar format like oocalc  ;-(  Firefox gagged on
it...

I was able to view it as text in IE 6 and oowriter 2.0 on my windows
system.

Craig

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 19:42 -0800, Lyndon Tiu wrote:
> 7.5 MB xml is not large. I suspect the xml schema is not proper or clean.
>
> I have used these three before to view xml:
>
> IE 6.0
> Netbeans 4.1 and higher
> TextPad
>
> On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:34:28 -0700 plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us wrote:
> > I generated a report on Mac OSX and saved the report and it is obviously
> > saved in xml format and it's a whopper - 7.5Mb
> >
> > I have tried to 'view' it with firefox and it pretty much choked it and
> > used up all cpu & memory according to top
> >
> > I tried to open it with Open Office 1.13 (HTML -> oocalc) and it put the
> > entire contents into cell A1
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Craig
> >

> > --