OT: Salaries? (formerly Google, sysadm and glocks)

Joseph Sinclair plug-discuss at stcaz.net
Thu Nov 17 09:43:45 MST 2005

They're generally pretty good.  Their data come mostly from HR professionals (who set salaries), and one of their services is to provide salary guidance to HR departments for SME's.
Obviously the paid-for "personal salary report" result is based on a wider sample and is considerably more accurate, but even the for-free "salary wizard" result is generally pretty good.
I particularly like that they provide the statistically correct quartile and median measures, rather than the far less useful average values.