sourceforge - downloads

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Nov 16 10:08:01 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 06:33 -0700, Kurt Granroth wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 November 2005 10:12 pm, Craig White wrote:
> > I just started a download from sourceforge and the list of servers has
> > been greatly reduced including dropping easynews off the list.
> >
> > Is this a sign of things to come?
>
> Well, you might want to wait until you see a definite pattern.  I've noticed
> for months (years?) now that some packages have fewer mirrors than others.
> Easynews, in particular, is there just over half the time.

----
the reason that I brought it up was because...

I found this to be the case on everything I am trying to download and
not just one package...

Easy News is local to Phoenix (though not necessarily the least amount
of hops...it's is likely to be the least amount of hops) and I like to
keep tabs on PHX tech companies.

VoxRox - (NY) everything seems to fail - list of servers is considerably
shorter than it used to be.

Craig

believed to be clean.