Lexmark 4039 ethernet connection

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Nov 14 21:18:11 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 21:02 -0700, Ric Whitney wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I have recently acquired an ethernet card for my Lexmark 4039 Laser Printer.
> I have installed it, but the router doesn't see it and I can't see a way to make
> it request a lease.  Any ideas?
----
Configure it manually, give it a fixed ip address - somewhere out of the
range of the addresses assigned by the router.

For example, if the router gives ip addresses from 192.168.1.50 to
192.168.1.99 then give it 192.168.1.200

I don't use dhcp for servers or printers (well, I do have printers use
dhcp but only where I can 'fix' their address by putting in their
hardware address and ip address in a dhcp server so I know what it will
be).

Craig

believed to be clean.