Restoring Windows Boot Setup

vodhner at cox.net vodhner at cox.net
Mon Nov 14 17:56:02 MST 2005

I currently have grub doing my boot-loading, but I'd like to enable the Windows XP boot loader if possible.  If not, tough toenails . . .

I am not about to rebuild my seldom-visited Windows environment, but would like to experiment with the MS boot loader setup so that I can advise a friend who wants to dual-boot without taking boot management away from MS.  (He has another friend who helps him on the Windows side, and I don't want to rock that boat.)

So, given the XP setup disk, is there a way to restore just the boot setup without endangering my Linux partitions?  Then I can set up boot.ini to point to my Centos partition and also to my grub loader for the other handful of boot environments I use.

Thanks,
Vic