Apache2 question

Alex Dean alex at crackpot.org
Mon Nov 14 11:28:54 MST 2005

On Nov 14, 2005, at 11:13 AM, Miles Beck wrote:

> I also think I'll get the Apache Cookbook. Thanks for the
> recommendation.

I'm hope it's helpful.  It was for me.  I read it at the beach this
summer and my mother-in-law thought I was learning Native American
cooking...

One thing to note : the book isn't Debian-specific, so you won't see
any mention of 'sites-available', 'sites-enabled' or the a2ensite/
a2dissite scripts.  All the information on configuration directives
is still accurate, though.

Also take a look at a2enmod and a2dismod for enabling/disabling
Apache2 dynamic modules (like php, perl, python, mod_rewrite, etc...)

alex