Apache2 question

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Nov 14 09:17:44 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 08:55 -0700, Miles Beck wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Over the weekend I installed Debian (Sarge) and have set up a minimal
> website and wanted to configure it a little.
>
> What directive is used to change the domain name from
> www.domainname.com/apache2-default/ to www.domainname.com.
>
> By default I dont want it to show the apache2-default directoy.
----
that seems odd and not like the default httpd.conf as supplied by apache

what do you get when you

# grep "DocumentRoot" /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
# DocumentRoot: The directory out of which you will serve your
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"
# This should be changed to whatever you set DocumentRoot to.
#    DocumentRoot /www/docs/dummy-host.example.com

Perhaps you just need to change the DocumentRoot and restart apache

Craig

believed to be clean.