How to rename a long list of photo filenames?

Deepak Saxena dsaxena at plexity.net
Wed Nov 9 10:41:21 MST 2005

On Nov 08 2005, at 21:31, Alan Dayley was caught saying:
> Anyway, my question that came up from the above comments is not
> answered.  Do the convert or mogrify commands maintain portrait and
> landscape orientation?
>
> "Picture" this situation:  I have a directory with 1 2272x1704 pixel
> photos and 1 in rotated portrait orientation, 1704x2272.  What will
> - -resize 320x240 options result in?  I tested a bit!
>
> - -resize 320x240 ---> landscape 320x240, portrait 180x240
> - -resize 240x320 ---> landscape 240x180, portrait 320x240
>
> So, either the resize has to be done before the rotation or the script
> needs to be smart enough to detect the portrait rotated images and
> change the resize option.  That makes the script more complex.

Odd. I've been using a similar script to resize photos for sometime
and not run into this issue (and i take lots of photos on both
orientations).

Version?

[692]omelas(~)> convert -version
Version: ImageMagick 6.2.3 08/08/05 Q16 http://www.imagemagick.org
Copyright: Copyright (C) 1999-2005 ImageMagick Studio LLC

~Deepak

--
Deepak Saxena - dsaxena at plexity.net - http://www.plexity.net

When law and duty are one, united by religion, you never become fully
conscious, fully aware of yourself. You are always a little less than
an individual. - Frank Herbert