card reader

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Nov 8 17:07:14 MST 2005

I think that they must have sold a few thousand of them by now because
lately, I haven't seem them selling for less that $ 7.99  For a while,
you could count on them being in Friday's ad (good through Tuesday) at $
4.99. These days, you can pretty much count on a 17" LCD for $179
starting every Friday though.

Craig

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 16:55 -0700, Joseph Sinclair wrote:
> Unfortunately, not all readers register correctly.  I've seen a few (mostly the really cheap ones) that don't work with all Linux hotplug implementations.  Most do, but some don't.
>
> That said, I've heard several people using the $4.99 special from Fry's on Linux, so it's worth a try.
>
> Dan Lund wrote:
> > Aren't they all just mass storage devices according to Linux?

> >>----
> >>the 7 in 1 - $ 4.99 special from Fry's worked out of box with Fedora 3,
> >>and I would guess would work with just about any reasonably current
> >>distro.
> >>
> >>Craig
> >>

> >>--
> >>This message has been scanned for viruses and
> >>dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
> >>believed to be clean.

> > --
> > To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so
> > many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled -
> > because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too
> > cowardly to exercise it.  The virtues which cloak these faults are
> > called patience and forbearance.
> > Friedrich Nietzsche

believed to be clean.