no sound

Dragos Neagu dragos.neagu at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 15:13:31 MST 2005

On 11/5/05, Stuart Hemm <treegezer at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Try:
> sudo gst-register-0.8

it went and installed plugins and features, my last 2 lines were:
Rebuilding user_registry (/root/.gstreamer-0.8/registry.xml) ...
Loaded 149 plugins with 296 features.

I went ahead and did the same thing ot the user account (as well as
sudo) rebooted, but still the same thing.

On 11/5/05, Dennis Kibbe <dennisk at linuxquestions.net> wrote:
> Look at the Alsamixer man page and start alsamixer with the -c option.  It may
> be that your actual device is card 1 not card 0 which is the default.

alsamixer -c1
alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for hw:1: No such file or directory

tried for afew other numbers too, same outcome.

based on kevin's suggestion in irc, i also tried cat /proc/pci, but i
got a no such file or directory message.
--
-Dragos Neagu <><
"If I have been able to see farther, it was only because I stood on