Version Control for non Programmers

Carl Parrish lists at pcl-consulting.com
Fri Nov 4 09:01:33 MST 2005

Anyone know of any docs on version control for non programmers? I'm
trying to get my wife to use subversion for all her business docs. so
far its too much for her. its too many extra steps. Any ideas on
automating some of the steps (esp. typing in her ssh passwd) would be
helpful. I'm looking now to see if anyone has a plug in for openoffice
to work with subversion. Perhaps my biggest mistake was trying to get
her to do it from the command line. But I don't know any of the GUI
clients so if anyone has a preferred GUI for Linux please let me know.
She's been working with Linux exclusively for about 3 years but doesn't
want something that will "get in her way" while creating docs. All the
books I have on Subversion and CVS have too much code in the examples.