Bill wrpr at cox.net
Wed Nov 2 20:31:10 MST 2005

Thank to everyone who answered.  I'll use dual boot until -----
Bill
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Spatafore" <jason at spatafore.net>
To: "Main PLUG discussion list" <plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 8:25 PM
Subject: Re: u

On Wednesday 02 November 2005 20:13, Bill wrote:
> I just built and manage a couple of small sites for friends (Romance
> Writers)  Too old to learn all the html coding and therefore use Front
> Page.  Open office replaces Office but is there anything like FrontPage in
> Linux?

In otherwords, he's looking for a "drag n drop" solution to web building. I
don't know how many people here have used Frontpage but I can say that it
does make websites easy. I can almost bet he needs these requirements:

1. Built in templates to provide the look.
2. Easy to add text and images using a drag n drop method for images and a
"insert paragraph and/or table" method.
3. He doesn't want to be bothered with code.

That's kinda what I gather.

>From what I know of Linux, there's not many that will be "Frontpage Clones".
They all require some type of coding knowledge and the graphical interfaces
are less-than favorable. (To a Frontpage user.) Most of them are more
similar
to Dreamweaver. Anyway, I don't think you'll find what you're looking for in
Linux as far as web development.

--
Sincerely,

Jason Spatafore