Using gimp for digital photo scratch repair

Hap Hap happeninghap at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 22:27:52 MST 2005

After you open your image click the zoom tool(looks like a magnifing
glass)  to zoom in on a section of your wire-like object. Then hit c
to select the clone stamp tool. Choose a fuzzy circle brush in the
clone stamp options....play with more settings in that pallet.....like
reduce opacity 5%  and fadeout 5 pixels. Then move the clone tool
close to an area you think will make a good paste over the wire. Hold
ctrl and click to pick up that area. Let go of the ctrl key and click
the area over the wire. This works easy and it's a lot easier to do it
than to tell you how. When the surounding area changes you'll need to
redo the ctrl click to match to new area. Scroll over to finish the
job and reselect the zoom tool. Now just ctrl click to zoom back to
normal size and inspect your handy work. If it looks semi okay zoomed
in, it should look great zoomed out. Keep up the good work and soon
you'll be putting horns and a tail on your least favorite politician.
This group is good for photoshop/gimp
                              hap