OT: Fair use, DRM and rootkits

Dragos Neagu dragos.neagu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 01:00:03 MST 2005

On 11/1/05, Alan Dayley <alandd at consultpros.com> wrote:
> http://www.sysinternals.com/blog/2005/10/sony-rootkits-and-digital-rights.html
>
> It's long but impressive both in the knowledge of the guy writing it and
> the results he found.

I read it earlier today as well, and I have to agree with you on that.
(*hearts rss*) When I sent the link to a friend, it was 404'd though.

> Food for thought.  DRM: Exactly whose rights does it benefit?

[rant]greedy media execs, the scurge of society, who refuse to
progress and tie a ball and chain to everyone.[/rant]
I found it funny about 2 weeks ago that Steve Jobs was saying that
record labels wanted to jack up prices (they already take ~60% of a
sale!), and almost a day or two later Microsoft ended talks with them
over large licensing fees.  I think that media and IT companies will
continue to butt heads in the future.

On a side note, I came across some nice linux htpc tutorials which
eventally brought me to mythtv.  They look really nice, and some have
setup xbox front ends/clients (something useful if i get a new
console)  Anyone have a mythtv setup? How do you like it?
--
-Dragos Neagu <><
"If I have been able to see farther, it was only because I stood on