GNU\Linux Portable MP3/OGG Player & Music Service (Recommendations)

Miles Beck mbeck at fastq.com
Wed Jul 27 08:18:26 MST 2005

Quoting Alan Dayley <alandd at consultpros.com>:

> Player:
> If I had the fundage I'd get a Neuros Audio Computer.  They were the
> first to support OGG, I believe.  They also went full open with source
> code and schematics.  They are no longer in current production, sadly.
> Check ebay for used deals:

Neuros is in the process of making the Neuros III.

Below is the notification about the Neuros II being discontinued:

"As most of you know by now, we are discontinuing sales of the Neuros II. For
those of you that have unfilled orders, well fill them (or allow you to cancel
them if youd prefer).

Although there continued to be demand for the product, it was simply not worth
continuing the line for a number of reasons. We continued to struggle with the
supply chain and that ultimately resulted in quality and delivery issues. It was
a huge diversion of effort that, in a nutshell, we felt was better applied to
the new products.

Originally we had hoped to transition directly from the Neuros II to the Neuros
III, but given the current situation, we felt it made more sense to discontinue
the line now rather than continue to risk damage to our reputation with our
customers and partners.

For those of you concerned about what this means for Neuros as a company, dont
worry. We have new products, new customers and even completed a new round of
investment. The company is healthy and strong and ready to move forward. In
fact, this was a part of the motivation to discontinue the Neuros II in order to
focus on the future.

Of course, it goes without saying that well continue to support the products in
the field the way we always have. And we are certainly stepping up efforts to
bring out a Neuros III as quickly as we can. And as always, feel free to contact
us if you have any questions."

Information about the Neuros III is below. I'm looking forward to this release
and will probably upgrade when it is released.

http://www.theneuros.com/index.php/Category_Roadmap:Neuros_III