GNU\Linux Portable MP3/OGG Player & Music Service

Craig Brooksby rcbrxb at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 08:31:48 MST 2005

> The second part of the question is I would like to use an online music
> source like napster, itunes or the likes. What services are the most
> GNU\Linux friendly?

I use allofmp3.com <http://allofmp3.com>. It complies with all Russian
intellectual property laws. The selection is good, the quality is very good,
and anything can be downloaded in ogg format. (there's your linux-friendly
bit, I guess).

As for the legality of it all, I have read and read, and can't figure it
out. A close friend who is an IP attorney for a big company won't give me a
definative answer, either. He won't say it's illegal, anyway.

My daughter just paid for, and downloaded, 10 CDs worth of MP3 @ 192Kb and
spent, I think, $28.

HTH -- Craig