OT: Man Charged With Stealing Wi-Fi Signal - Yahoo! News

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Wed Jul 13 13:36:12 MST 2005

Badger, Shawn wrote:
> If you put your phone out on the curb without a lock on it which is what
> basically what people are doing by leaving their WAPs open!

Sorry to bring up this topic again, but if you disabled long distance
and 411 calling on your phone -- would you care?

I guess I get tired of the phrase "people who have open WAPs are lazy or
stupid".  I have a WAP, it is open.  I know how to configure it.  I
choose to leave it open.  I haven't had any issues.

		--Ted