Capacitors leaking

Bupkus bupkus2 at cox.net
Sat Jul 9 15:48:16 MST 2005

Tom Jones wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Alexander Henry wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:20:46 -0700, Bupkus <bupkus2 at cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I have 2 Epox motherboards where the capacitors are starting to
>>> leak. They're both 8RDA+ and I'm looking for someone in the valley
>>> with soldering skills.
>>> I expect I can get the replacement caps but a solder station and
>>> solder remover, not to mention the skills just take it beyond me.
>>> If you're a soldering guy and you're interested, LMK.
>>>
>>> -Mark
>>

>> My goodness, what is the waste of your human life soldering parts
>> together which are practically booby trapped to explode compared to
>> the hundred bucks for a new motherboard?
>>

> Not trying to speak for the Original Poster here, but I've found that
> a few minutes with a soldering iron has saved me hundreds of dollars.
> If I _can_ fix it, why replace it?
>
> I guess it depends on priorities and cash on hand.
>
> TJ

I've already decided, as in the above post, that it is beyond my skill
level as well as the tools involved being too pricey.  I had thought if
a person here had those tools, skills, and did this kind of work on a
regular basis I could either afford to have him do the work or just
donate the boards to him.  These 2 boards have Soundstorm which some
people consider desireable.