PLUG-discuss Digest, Vol 1, Issue 5682

augie grayfox78 at cox.net
Fri Jul 8 23:45:18 MST 2005

On Friday 08 July 2005 11:16, plug-discuss-request at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
wrote:
> Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 23:17:48 -0700
> From: Donn <dlshumway at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Partition question
> To: Main PLUG discussion list <plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
>
> If you created a partition, but didn't format it, all should have to do is
> to boot from the WinXP disk and select this partition as the destination
> for XP and format it, then install.
>
> I've done this many times without any problem.
>
> Good luck.
Actually I guess I didn't word my question correctly. What I'm trying to do is
dd from one hard drive(with xp installed) to this partition on a different
hard drive with CentOS. Will this work or am I going about this backwards?
Should I have dd'd the xp partition onto a blank hd and then installed linux?
TIA
--
	augie
grayfox78 at cox dot net

In a world without walls or fences, who needs windows or gates?