How to capture the text contents on a webpage "inside" frame?

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Fri Jul 8 15:20:35 MST 2005

I have a web page open in Konqueror that has a large text file open within
a "frame" window that is inside the host frame. (Not sure if I'm using the
right terms, here.)

I want to capture the contents of this file, but haven't been able to do so.
I have plenty of memory and have captured other files of a similar size with
no problem, but there is something about this one that I can't get.

I have terminated the connection with the host and the complete text file
still appears and I can scroll up and down through it and click and drag to
highlight small portions to cut and paste to a text file, but I can't figure
out how to save the whole file.  As big as this file is, it would be very
slow and tedious to try to highlight 100 lines at a time.

When I click on Location (same as File) and "Save as" that only saves
the surrounding frame and not the contents of the inside frame.

When I right click inside the inner frame I usually get a popup that allows
me to save the contents, but that does not work for this one.

I also tried view document source thinking that perhaps I could copy that
and clean up all the superfluous html code, but that also doesn't work.

Any suggestions?  Perhaps there is some way to capture whatever text is
suspended in memory?

joe at actionline.com