Online banking browser support

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu Dec 29 18:37:42 MST 2005

Am 29. Dec, 2005 schwätzte Kurt Granroth so:

> On Thursday 29 December 2005 10:38, Dale Farnsworth wrote:
>> In article <200512290949.01740.tigerflag at tigerflag.com> you write:
>>> I'm currently with Chase bank which took over Bank One. Not at all
>>> happy with the new fees they're charging and am looking for another
>>> bank. My big concern is if there are still banks around that only
>>> support IE. My preferred browser is Mozilla or Konqueror, but I could
>>> use Firefox, too.
>>
>> I've been happy with TruWest Credit Union.  (Used to be Motorola CU.)
>> Their website, www.truwest.org, works great with firefox.
>> If you live or work in Maricopa County, you can join.
>
> I'll second TruWest.. although I still think of them as MECU.  I've access
> their website throughout the years with Konqueror (even back in the 1.x
> days), Safari, Mozilla, Firefox, and Opera and have never had any problems at
> all.

The site requires javascript for obscure reasons, so doesn't work in links
or lynx :(.

> And on the non-browser front, it's easy to talk to real people there, unlike
> too many banks these days.  Since the CU members are the shareholders, they
> don't nickle-and-dime you with one fee after another, either.  And their
> rates are a little better than average.  They only have two draw-backs, in my
> opinion:
>
> 1. They don't have anywhere near as many branches as I would like so cash
> withdrawl can be a problem if you're not careful about ATM fees

Even using other CU ATMs doesn't give you enough locations in Phoenix?

I found a site at some point that mapped all the CU ATMs, but its search
mechanism and map really sucked.

> 2. They don't allow EFT transfers from other banks.  So if you want to
> transfer money from, say, a checking account at Wells Fargo to your saving
> account at TruWest, you have to write a check and physically deposit it.  See
> my number 1 drawback for why that's a problem.

Most places will mail checks to places that don't allow electronic
transfers in. TRUwest will mail checks ( via the 3rd party electronic
transfer company[1] ).

ciao,

der.hans

[1] They don't make it obvious that it's a third party company :(.

#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  Help Jerry Lewis stamp out M$...oops that's MDA - der.hans