wireless bridge

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Thu Dec 29 07:11:27 MST 2005

Dan Lund wrote:

>Guys,
>Really stupid question and I need a straight forward answer.
>Can a wireless 802.11 access point act as a bridge to connect to an
>existing 802.11 access point?
>The selection of dedicated wireless bridges is thin, and I was just
>curious if it was something that an access point can do.
>(I have a basic Linksys RTP300 VoIP router for vonage, looking to hook
>a bridge to it and move the phone to the living room)

I loaded 3rd party firmware on my Linksys. I can't remember the name,
but it's one of the "famous" ones. Anyway, with that it'll work in
several different modes such as repeater or client. Right now I've got
mine set up as a client, so it joins the wireless network and provides
wired ethernet at the other end of the house (and has a voip phone
plugged in)...

--
Darrin Chandler
dwchandler at stilyagin.com