local pc deals

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Tue Dec 27 17:06:44 MST 2005

der.hans said:
> http://www.elitepc.com/

Seeing your not about Elite PC and remembering the events they
sponsored/helped with in the past, I visited their website.

Same look and feel as usual however there are no options to select a Linux
as the OS when purchasing the computers.  I checked one each of desktop,
laptop and server.  Only Windows choices.  They used to offer Linux and
maybe they still do if you ask for it.  I was just dissappointed based on
past experience and expectations.

Now, don't anyone take this as a claim the Elite PC is a bad place to buy
a computer.  They just appearently don't offer Linux as a choice on their
website anymore.

Alan