How to get a dial-up 'net connect with Linux on a laptop?

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 19:14:19 MST 2005

Joseph,
You say modem in one moment, and wireless in another.
Maybe you should tell us what hardware your using for the connection,
then we'll be able to help you out.
Besides, it wasn't Microsoft that supported that hardware, it was HP
that chose it and packaged the drivers for it.  Remember, the
manufacturers of the hardware make the drivers.

--Dan