Citrix VPN and Linux client?

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Thu Dec 22 16:10:13 MST 2005

Rudolfo Munguia said:

> Last I played with Citrix they offered what they called an 'open-platform'
> client. It could be made to work on Solaris8/9+x86, RedHat, Suse, and with
> some serious tinkering FreeBSD also. -grin-

They talked about a "kiosk mode" that provides a website with a java based
application to present shares and files, email, etc.  They described this
is for when the user is on a public computer or cannot install the Citrix
Access  Gateway client.  Obviously this provides access dependent on the
compatible browser technology and not the OS.  However, it is not really
VPN access.

Maybe the "open-platform" turned into this "kiosk mode" that they now have.

Alan